Tuesday 5 June 2012

Emotional wreck

Alright, no, I haven't had some sort of trauma in my life. I am simply an emotional wreck after being too-involved in a fictional book. I am a complete and utter sucker for romantic literature and I almost always spiral into some sort of post-novel depression where nobody is good enough, I will never find love and I am almost certain to live my life alone (apart from my cats, of course).
    Some of you may be wondering what godforsaken book could have landed me in such a state. Well, it's called 'Flat-Out Love' and I have just read the whole thing in under four hours (I know, please resist the urge to scream at me to get a life. If it's any consolation, I read it on my iPad, so at least I was making some conscious effort to be hip and cool). Anyway, the book was fantastic, really. Straight away I was gripped by the characters and interested in how the plot could develop. For me, I find that quite hard to come by in modern romantic fiction. It's always the same cliche, 'they're-going-to-find-each-other' la de da de da. But, this one was different. What I loved about Jessica Park's novel was the fact that the story wasn't centred around the romantic relationships in the book, but the love of a family as well. I instantly adored the character of Celeste and I was constantly finding myself torn between Finn and Matt, something I'm not used to as I usually side with one of the characters in a book and I'm often heartbroken when I don't get the outcome I'd hoped for.
    So, the long and short of it is that I would definitely recommend this book to anyone. Now, if you don't mind, I'm just going to cry myself to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment